Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!! Possible Carb. Problem?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Feb 5, 2004.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

When I start my blazer up in the morning it starts and idles fine. After it runs for 10 minutes or so and i go to drive the idle kicks down and everything. However, if i hit the gas to pull out of my neighborhood, the truck will stall, or come damn close. What could be causing this? Could it be a vacuum. After the first couple of minutes of driving there are no more problems.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well its pretty cold there in the mornings huh? A lot of GM cars and trucks do that in winter. May just be choke related, cleaning and adjustment time. I got mine to where I think it will never do it again , and we have a cold night and once in awhile it does it again. I have found letting it warm up a couple extra minutes helps /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Ben

Ben Registered Member

Choke problem, not vacuum. Vacuum problem would be a problem right from the get go.

4. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

It even did it during the summer. should i just change the choke all together?

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

what kind of carb? stock qjet?