Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! Power window motor removal problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wingnutt, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Feb 20, 2000
    HELP! I’m trying to replace the power window motor on my ’88 on the passenger side and I’ve hit a brick wall. I removed the panels and removed the motor/regulator nuts and bolts. Now what do I do? I can’t figure out how to get the blasted thing out. I’ve only got two small openings to reach in through and the window is up. I know the motor is dead because I bridged the hot wire to the others one by one and nothing has happened. Timely replies will be greatly appreciated because its starting to thunder and the rain is on the way. HELP!!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
  2. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

Sep 10, 2001
    ok i did my drivers side (replaced power with manual) it took me an hour. when i did my passenger side it took like 20 min.. it's not hard once you know the order of things..
    1. remove the 4 bolts that hold the motor.
    (i'am assuming you took of the panels and wireing)
    2. remove the bracket that covers the large opening , this is the hole thru which the motor comes out.
    3. find the track in the window it has a open spot in the middle thru which the roller comes out..
    4. with the motor lose and the window in hand move the motor assembley so the roller closest to the door hinge point exits the track , now pull the motor back till the second roller exits the middle of the track (you'll see what i'am talking about)
    5. let the motor drop into the bottom of the door, and prop up the window so it SAFETY stays up and out of the way.
    6. remove the motor thru that large hole. you might have to turn the motor over so as to better line up the arms for easy removal..
    7. reverse steps to put new one in.
    it's not hard just take your time and watch your fingers, this job can bite back... hope this helps /forums/images/icons/grin.gif