Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP Power window motor removal problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wingnutt, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Feb 20, 2000
    HELP! I’m trying to replace the power window motor on my ’88 on the passenger side and I’ve hit a brick wall. I removed the panels and removed the motor/regulator nuts and bolts. Now what do I do? I can’t figure out how to get the blasted thing out. I’ve only got two small openings to reach in through and the window is up. I know the motor is dead because I bridged the hot wire to the others one by one and nothing has happened. Timely replies will be greatly appreciated because its starting to thunder and the rain is on the way. HELP!!!! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
  2. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

You need to lift the glass out as high as you can and "work" the arms out from the glass bracket. The arms slide left to right along the bottom of the glass. It takes time to figure it out but be patient. Once the regulator arms are loose from the glass, you need to twist, turn and just try different angles wiggling the arms out through one of the openings in the door. It'll come out, just takes time figuring out how which way to tilt the regualtor and arms. Or you can enlarge the openings like many do!