Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! problem with stalling/loss of power

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88GLAZER, Apr 23, 2003.

1. 88GLAZER

88GLAZER 1/2 ton status

I just recently installed headers on my truck and new exaust, After instalation I tested it out, and the truck ran like [censored], back firing and stalling. I found that I had cracked the porclin on one of the spark plugs. so I replaced it. Now the truck idles great, but has no power, significantly less than when I started. I dont think that the engine is getting enough fuel. I had taken my truck to school, and I could barly hit 70mph on a slight incline. and after 200 miles the truck started stalling. filally I left the damn thing in Hagerstown, MD and hoped in my girlfriends jeep. What the hell could it be! (Electrical,blocked fuel line)

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I an assuming this is about a 88 Blazer.
    Did you get the right headers? You need headers made for your truck with a bung for the O2 sensor. Did you install the 02 sensor? Your fuel injected truck wont run right with out it.
    Are the spark plug wires on the right plugs? check your fireing order.

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

if you went 200 miles w/o problems, something happened...maybe you burnt a plug wire or two?