Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP QUICK MUD BOG IN COUPLE HOURS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Aug 7, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I need advice quick. I am running an open K&N and the pits are super watery. I killed it twice during practice runs sucking in water. What can I put around my filter besides one of those foam pre-filters (none in town) to keep water/mud out of my intake. I am have a couple hours before it gets started. Need to resolve this issue /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Go find a closed air cleaner , like a stock one, problem fixed :P

3. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

If you still have your factory cleaner I'd throw that back on. If you're really in a bind you can also run cardboard to extend your inner fender. You'd be surprised how much of a difference it will make.

4. MTBLAZER89

Cool thanks guys I got a stock air cleaner housing from <font color="orange"> seventyK5 </font> Thats whay CK5 rocks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

if you can also he the stock hose that runs to the grill, then flip it around so then it sits at the fire wall /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

howd ya do /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

7. MTBLAZER89

It was all screwy not enough trucks showed up to run the classes. One pit was way deeper so everybody that ran it didn't advance like me /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif We bitched to the guy running it and got it changed to single truck runs (by time) in the fast pit. I got I think about 5th over all maybe 4th. I had a 5.41 sec run the guy that won ran a 3.10 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif the last run. I', gonna see what kind of pics I got and make a new post.

Side note I am very happy I didn't break anything. A couple trucks there replaced 2-3 front shaft sets /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif