Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!! Rear window woes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dale fan, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

First off I want to wish everyone a happy holiday. I just got back from the store and was lowering my rear window and it quit going down. It won't go up or down with either switch but you can hear the motor humming. It's a 90 model, electric. Any ideas on what to look for if I take the panel off? Also, it won't let me drop the gate while it's up halfway. I guess that's some safety feature. Is there anyway to get around that? I hate to be crawling around in the back and not have the right tool. If possible I need to get this going again, the kids are wanting to go look at Christmas lights and they want to go in the big 4x4 not the Buick.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Your just going to have to pop the inspection cover and take a look, no matter what you'll have to remove it to fix the problem anyhow. I have a manual crank so I can't help with the electric.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifGood luck... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. naranja72

naranja72 1/2 ton status

This had happened on my 91. There is a cable that runs from the electric motor to the actuator, and on mine that had broken. The friendly GM dealer was nice enough to sell me one for $160.00. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I didn't want to buy a used one because I thought it would probably break again at the same place because of the weather that gets on it.
    Hope this helps.
    Marc

4. JAXSTER

JAXSTER 1/2 ton status

Junk Yard tail Gate $60.00 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Well it was the cable. It had pulled out of the metal shroud that is threaded. I'm going to put a hose clamp on it later but some duct tape made a quick Christmas fix.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. 76k5Blazer

76k5Blazer 1/2 ton status

YOU gotta Love DUCT tape and Hose Clamps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The friendly GM dealer was nice enough to sell me one for $160.00.

[/ QUOTE ] This was just for the drive cable?!?!?!? Sounds like their computer moved the decimal point... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif The last time I bought one it cost $13. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif