Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!! removing front yoke on NP208

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jackfish, Feb 13, 2003.

1. jackfish

jackfish Newbie

Need help; trying to replace front output shaft seal and yoke nut will not come off. After looking at the nut carefully I noticed the exposed threads are coated with something which is not allowing me to crack the nut(real thin bead of weld maybe). Any thoughts on what I should do next????

2. jackfish

jackfish Newbie

Anybody want to comment.

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

Can you tell if it is weld on the nut? It may have came loose and someone tightened it and wanted to make sure it didn't come loose again. If you can get in to the weld and grind it away with a dremel tool or cut-off tool you might be able to get the nut off. There is a good chance you will ruin the threads on that shaft, but if you can get the nut off without ruining anything else you can probably find a good used shaft to replace it.

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

If you want people to answer and help, fill out your profile. Won't get too much help here if you don't provide that courtesy.