Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!! rockford fosgate amplifier hookup question.. Please help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kmbonomo, Sep 9, 2001.

1. kmbonomo

kmbonomo 1/2 ton status

Hey Im putting a 4.6x rockford fosgate amp in my k5 and the manual shows power hookup, ground hookup, [and then a rem terminal they say you connect to remote turn on lead of source unit] help... what is that??? the power antenna lead or what??? Ive hooked up everything else and its not working, and opened it up and theres a lot attatched to that rem terminal so Im assuming it has to be hooked up, you guys always come thru so give me a shout again here... thanks

Go Topless or don't go at all !!!
    <font color=red>83 K5 Full Convertible Conversion</font color=red>

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Depending on your head unit, you'll have an "amp" or "remote lead", and a "power antenna" or just the power antenna lead - if there isn't a dedicated remote, use the power antenna.

Clean up on aisle 3!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. kmbonomo

kmbonomo 1/2 ton status

no theres no amp or remote lead on my stereo which im assuming your refering to as my head unit so I will use the power antenna lead as you stated,, thanks a great deal for the quick knowledge.. its greatly appreciated, Ill be back if Im still having problems...

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

On 99% of newer decks the remote turn on lead wire will either be blue or blue with a white strip. What kind of radio are you hooking this up to?
    Some Sony's have a light blue wire that is for something else...so if its a Sony becareful with that. Or if the radio is really old or cheap the wiring colors might be different.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. kmbonomo

kmbonomo 1/2 ton status

its a panosonic cq-dpg590 radio/cd and the dark blue lead say it goes to motor antenna relay control... ther is no designated hookup for a amp on these directions

6. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

That's the one then - hook it up and you'll be good to go[​IMG]

Clean up on aisle 3!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

7. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

When done....please post a pic of how you installed the amp (the location is what I am interested in, not the wiring).

Thanks

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html>http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html</a>
    So I says to him, I said, "get your own monkey."
    1986 K5, 350 GM Crate, 700R4, NP208

8. kmbonomo

kmbonomo 1/2 ton status

I put it under the drivers seat with the wireing terminals pointed toward the center councel or drive train tunnel, that way it wont be disturbed buy people shoving their feet under the rear of the seat.. ran a coat hanger forward and backward from there under the carpet to pull my wires.. I found it easy after removing the drivers seat for easy access and room... Keith

9. kmbonomo

kmbonomo 1/2 ton status

By the way 6' RCA cables are the perfect length from there if your running RCA's from your unit to the amp...