Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP setting timing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nvrenuf, May 5, 2003.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Can someone please tell me the correct procedure for setting the timing on my 91 V3500 w/ 350 (all stock / original)?

Chilton's says (before adjusting) "disengage the timing connector... next to the distributor" but gives no information or pictures about identifying this connector. Anyone familiar with this? I don't want to just randomly start unplugging junk and screw up.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

If you follow the wiring harness where it comes out of the fire wall, there is a lt brown/black stripe wire that comes out of harness with a quick disconnect in it.

3. nvrenuf

You da man!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks, I'm headed out to fix it now!

Funny, I was replying to yours while you were replying to mine.

4. nvrenuf

Ok, I'm stupid. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I can't find the connector. Is it in the large harness bundle above the pass side valve cover or the small harness above the driver side valve cover? Also, am I looking for a cap connector that terminates a harness or a junction plug inline?

Thanks again!!