Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! SHEARED SPLINES OFF CADDY SLIP YOLK!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by topless1tonk5, Jun 10, 2002.

1. topless1tonk5

topless1tonk5 Registered Member

was being evacuated for the fire in pine co. today and had to toss my rear under my k5 fast! bolted it under and did not realize the rear was now angled down a few more degrees and it pulled the slip out too far as i was trying to leave and trashed the spines on the onside of the slip, output seems ok, i forgot what caddy i pulled the slip from, any one know? can they put a reg. slip on my caddy c.v.? i need help quick! thx--j.c. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Call Jesse at High Angle Driveline. Or you can reach him at his website, www.highangledriveline.com. Jesse has the correct C/V shaft slip yoke you need. His slip yoke is splined all the way to the end, unlike the caddy slip yoke.

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

76-78 or there abouts, i have one from a 77 Eldorado in my garage. you want it? make me an offer!! i used the other end off it, so i got a big piece of tube with the slip yoke, still has factory joints, and the centering ball should be almost perfect, the other end was. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The big question is this: Did you get it out of harms way? I can see the smoke plume of the Hayman fire from Colorado Springs. They say that the fire has slowed down a bit today, since the wind has eased. However, that's still one REALLY big fire and it's still headed your way. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif