Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

* * HELP * * sm465 clutch questions..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglychevyZZ4, Dec 26, 2005.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

UPDATE AT BOTTOM..AND A QUESTION..

First off, hope everyone had a great holiday! Its been a while, and after over a year it was time for another K5 to grace my driveway:bow: ..Bear with me, its a basket case and a complete unknown..

Current issue:
    Slave was seeping, replaced it, master was seeping inside the firewall a tiny tad and I wasnt getting enough pressure to throw the slave piston out all the way, ((so i thought)) so I replaced that too... everything was bench bled, and then bled and re-bled and re-bled..etc... and still not disengaging..

Now having someone push in the clutch while I lay underneath and watch inside the slave cavity I can see that the piston in the slave isnt pushing out all the way STILL [​IMG] ?? Is it possible that it CANNOT because there is something goofed inside with the clutch or the fork not allowing it to go to full throw? Looking at the fork, it rests about 1/3 of the way out, and when clutch is depressed all the way it goes maybe half... now on yours does ther fork come back all the way forward when clucth is not pushed in? how far does it go out when depressed?:confused:

thoughts?:doah:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

it sounds like you don't have it bled completely. that are a PITA to bleed. some say you have to have the slave off and at a 45* to fully bleed it, but i have never done that and i got mine bled many times.

there really is no way to screw it up, the fork can only go on the throwout bearing one way, the fork sits on a ball stud with a clip that holds it on there.

i believe that the fork on mine has a little bit of play, not much, but enough to move it. the fork at the slave moves about 2" or so. its been a while since ive been under there and looked at the slave/fork.

welcome back BTW, ive been wondering where you went.

3. uglychevyZZ4

Hmmm... im pretty sure its bled, i have pretty solid pedal for a hydro, just seems that the fork isnt going back all the way or going to the front position at rest all the way either.... :doah:

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

other than blead... my problem was the bolts on the firewall were not tight.... so when you pushed the pedal.. the master moved and not allowing the pedal to push all the way in :doah:

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

and you are??? Get out of here noob!

6. uglychevyZZ4

: double flip-off :
    :haha:
    I miss my roof rack now :D

7. uglychevyZZ4

OK, BLED OUT FOR SURE! stiff pedal especially for a hydro, but, still grinds when trying to put into ANY gear.. any ideas? is there anything with the clutch the PO could have installed wrong? is it just worn out?:dunno:

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

There are two metal spring pieces that kind of lock the throwout bearing to the clutch fork. Not having the clutch setup in front of me, I don't know if you could put it together with the bearing not snapped in and not notice, but I can see someone putting it together wrong if it would fit.