Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! sore throat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Sep 10, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

half way through school my throat really started to hurt. I thought maybe it was because I didn't drink enough water. So I got home and drank some water... then more... then more. It still hurts. I';ve drank about 6 glasses of water in the last 2 hours, and i've had a throat thing that numbs your throat (left over from strepped throat, last year) and it still hurts. I am dieing. I cant be getting sick. someone help!!

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

stop swallowing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif j/k /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

sounds like a VICIOUS case of strep throat...take a look at this pic and see
    if this is in your throat....
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif j/k of course, I'm sure its nothing /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

try some thera flu stuff, it works great ,or gargle salt water (no punn intended) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I dont have that flu stuff you mentioned. I am going to go gargle salty water, my mom suggested that too.
    I just cant afford to get sick.
    anything else will help it?

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    anything else will help it?

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah , quit drinkin so much water, that much in such a short time will give you heartburn and make your throat feel worse... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

oh, will it? yikes I never knew that. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif thanks /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

I just finished a glass of salty water... dayuum... holy satly water batman /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifDoooood you're only supposed to gargle the salty water..... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifDoooood you're only supposed to gargle the salty water..... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

besides spilling it on my shirt, I only gargled it /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I have always found that a few glasses of Wild Turkey 101 will help you out. Besides, it's kinda fun /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well as corny as it sounds try a allergy over the counter med like benidril s/p severe allergy pill...

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

if I still feel bad tomorrow, I will try that allergy thing like you suggested... I watched a movie tonight and had chips... so right now my throat doesn't hurt /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

In th AM try a mixtureof 50/50warm water and apple cider vinagar. also mix a couple of spoonfulls of honey in it to make it taste a little better. serious! it sounds like shiite! but it works, I drink it in winter when I have a cold/sore throat, it works every time, plus it will energize you. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

50/50 warm water, and apple cider vinegar, with honey? Sounds crazy, but if it still hurts, I will try it.
    Is it sour or anything from the vinegar though?
    If it works, It may become my new best friend on cold winter mornings when I dont feel good /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

16. unclematty

yeah it's pretty tart if your not ready for it /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. always start with 3 TABLESPOONS OF HONEY! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL uh oh. okay I will start with 3 TB honey... maybe add more /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. unclematty

Tonight go fill the bathtub with hot,hot water, add a generous helping of ginger powder( till the water is clowdy) then soak in it, then go to sleep, the ginger will burn the sickness out of you!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

what will it do to me /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

20. unclematty

the ginger acts as a cleansing agent, detoxifies you, plus mixed with that super hot water it wil ge the blood flowing. beleive me! you'll feel better afterwards, just don't fall asleep in there! the ginger will make your blood fill all the blood vessels up and the capillaries too, then your blood pressure could drop a little to low, nothing serious, just be mindful. you will look like a lobster when you get out. it feels great! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif