Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help....speedo way off.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HAWDSON, May 13, 2002.

1. HAWDSON

HAWDSON Newbie

Trying to change speedo gear....dealership NO help.... Do you need to change the metal housing with the gear? The metal holder has "40-41-42-43"...does this mean I can use the gears with 40-43 teeth but if I wanted to change to a 38, will I have to get a new gear holder/housing?? Thanks...JR

2. 74K5CHEYENNE

74K5CHEYENNE Registered Member

I am planning on taking mine to Springfield brake here in Missouri they made my speedo gear on the transfer case for me. They deal with big diesel trucks and they do anything with trucks. I think I have to tell them the size of my tires my rear gearing and some other crap and they can get it right on the money so I suggest finding a truck shop that can make a new speddo gear!

3. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Please fill out your profile so we can help you. What year, engine, trany, Xfer case etc.....

I know of you have a 90 or 91 you have to have the DRAC recalled, which is a small white box under the dash by the ashtray.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

This might help
    Clicky:<a target="_blank" href=http://www.tciauto.com/tech_info/speedo_gears.htm> Spedo gear info</a>

5. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

GM dealer in town said they could not change mine to compensate for my 35's. they could be mistaken.