Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!! steering problem!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88k5blaza, Oct 23, 2002.

1. 88k5blaza

88k5blaza Registered Member

my blazer has a wacked steering problem if you take a right or left the wheels want to stay turned that way even if you straighten the steering wheel so in order to go straight you have to compencate in the wheel left or right but going down the road what ever way you have the wheel turned to compencate for the sticking it will just dart that way like whatever was stuck or loose released??? i have no idea what it could be so maybe some help!

2. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Check the pitman arm. Have someone turn the whell for you and see if the teeth are shredded. Mine did this, and the only think catching was the bolt holding the pitman arm onto the sector shaft. If not that, I couldn't tell you. Good luck.

3. 88k5blaza

88k5blaza Registered Member

ok thanks alot!

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

If it turns out to be not the arm, check for loose U bolts on the springs, I had that once and the axle was sliding on the spring until it hit the pin so there was a lot of play. I tightened the U bolts and it worked fine.
    Check the bolts anyway.