Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP...stumbling idle/accelartion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rcpilot, Nov 7, 2002.

1. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

engine intermittenly stumbles at idle while in gear.. place in neutural it stumbles less.. upon slow/mild accelartion it stumble a little and then sometimes heavely.. get on it hard and it goes away.. Have new control module..new distributor advance kit... Could it be my edelbrock needs rebuild?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like a vacuum leak or timing issue, at least in order of likelihood.

3. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

How long since a standard tune-up? (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, etc...)

Has this been going on for a while? Could it just be bad gas from your last fillup?

Thomas.

4. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem. Check to make sure the jets for your acceleratpr pump are not plugged. Jar the throttle to see if they squirt. One of mine wasnt squirting, pulled it apart and cleaned it. It helped alot.

5. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

I tuned it it recently all but wires...no vaccum leaks..both accelarter jets squirt equally..started about a week and a half ago.. I was towing a rental trailer to move and started noticing it..1 tank full ago.. started using Texaco gas then /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ... filled it up with super on Tuesday..I'm putting a carb cleaner in it tomorrow...