Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help Stupid Question...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big jimmy 91, Mar 14, 2005.

1. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

91 chev 1/2 ton 2wd
    where is the flasher located and what does it look like?
    is it the square block looking block thing on the fire wall?
    I am used to seeing them on the fuse block (round) but this only has fuses in it?
    I don't know about these newer trucks lol.

Thanks

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My schematics show it grouped with the fuse block with a blue and a purple wire going to it. Sorry, don't know what it looks like on that model.

On my '91 V series it's a round, green plastic can on the bottom right of the fuse block.

3. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Thanks

I just don't see anything that looks like a flasher in my friends truck , just those square blocks , not the round one like I am used to seeing :confused:

I will check the wires when I see it again.

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just looked at mine with a torch and it's a clear/smoked plastic can, where I said before. But that's on a 4x4.
    The schematic shows yours as a square one close to, but not on the fuse block, where as it shows mine exaclty as it is. So I'd look for a square one on the fire wall near the fuse block. Even if its faulty (unless it's completely shot) if you put your finger on it and switch the turn signal on you should feel a click in the unit. That may help identify it.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

On my '95 there is the fuse box in the end of the dash, and also another box of some sort under the dash where the fuse box is on the older trucks. On this other box under the dash there is a square thing on the bottom right that coes "clicky clicky" when I turn the flashers on.