Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!!! Sway bar bolts wont budge!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TrcksR4ME, Feb 14, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I was attempting to remove the sway bar and the bolts that hold it to the spring plates will not budge! I dont wanna cut them if I dont have to, how do I get them to move??

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

3. Dznutz70

Dznutz70 Registered Member

When I went to take mine off they wouldn't budge at all not even with a 24in breaker bar. I took some liquid wrench and went and took half the pipe handle off my floor jack, and placed it on the end of the breaker bar for a little extra leverage. Then they came out really easily.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I will give that a try, of coarse I dont have any liquid wrench or equivelent on hand...that'd be too easy. Thanks for the input

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

get some wd40, liquid wrench or whatever...soak the things a couple of times a day for 2-3 days...then get out the longest breaker bar have and you oughta be ok. I have a 4' piece of pipe that can remove (or snap the head off!) any bolt on my rig. A big-beefy socket is good to have too...in most cases I'd rather bust a bolt than a socket.

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown>http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown</a>