Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP Tcase saver

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jays68yak, Apr 5, 2006.

1. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

The 241 in my DD is fubared. Im pretty sure its the snap ring on the rear output. I need to bandaid it till I can rebuild the case. I want to install one of those tcase savers.
    http://www.drivetrain.com/gillies/Tcasesaver.html
    Anyone know where to get it besides there? Id like somewhere closer to the SF bay area other wise I have to wait like a week. Again this is my DD.
    4wheel parts doesnt have them, or atleast thats what one guy said.

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

You could always head to the dealership and get a factory snap ring for now.

3. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

True but they would prob have to order it also. Ill prob stop there on the way home. I stopped by the parts house last night and they didnt have anything close.

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

When I called and got mine, it came regular mail and I had it in like 2 days....he said he could ship it quicker if I needed it.....give 'em a call

when I had to get a snap ring from the dealer it was like $8....I ordered from National drivetrain and got 5 for about $3

I've got extra snap rings I no longer need....glad to mail one to ya, but you could get the tcase saver just as quick....lemme know if ya want one.

5. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I already called them this morning. To set it up so that I have it tomorrow afternoon it was almost $40. :eek1:I dont want to spend that much in shipping if I can find someone closer. Most likly Ill just get a snap ring from the dealership.