Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help! TH400 gone bye bye...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ddragggon, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

help! my Th400 decided that it was above going in reverse.... if I either floor it, or if I let it idle out, it'll slowly reverse, as long as there isn;t any kind of an incline in the way of it. is there hopefully an adjustment I can make? or am I screwed, and have to find a new transmission?

it started out kinda slipping in reverse... had to give it mroe of a nudge for it to start moving.... then gradualy it got worse... couldn't back up the driveway... couldn't back up the incline of the center bulge in the street....... GAH!!! at worst, I'll yank the 454 out of this, and dump it in the K20 sub, and throw the puny 350 out of that into the c20, then sell it as `engine runs fine, tranny fried 1500 bucks' or something of that nature.... damn truck....

-Rich

ph34r m3!

1337 TruXoR

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

You tranny is done. It probably needs more than a rebuild. We experince this same thing with our race cars every once in a while. Ive seen tranny that when there in park the move forward, but every other gear is reverse. Some are rebuildable, but most of the time when the do that the case is warped. If the case isnt warped than all you need to do is reblace the valve body. I would try the valve body first, then rebuild it if that did not take care of it. You can pick a valve body up at tranny rebuild shop.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

&lt;cries like a little girl with a skinned knee&gt;

well, in that case, I do beleive I;m going to just bellow `f___ it!' at the top of my lungs, and just get a nice dependable Indestructable SM465, or NV4500, or NV4600 ( I don't know if they ever actually made the NV4600... it was engineered, and the drawings were available online... it was the same thing as the 4500, except it was a 6 speed with dual overdrive.... 0.72, and 0.58 or something like that)

oh well.... I suppose its time to look into either finding a replacement tranny, or finding an SM 465/NP205 combo for the white/grey K20, so I can dump the 454 into that one, and the old 350 into the C20.... probably just sell it as parts, or sompin... .&lt;begins crying like a little girl again&gt;

-Rich

ph34r m3!

1337 TruXoR

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I might know a place to pick up a tranny for some relatively small coin - it's in Globe, but they usually blow valley boneyards' prices out of the water. I'll get their number in the morning and post it.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>