Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!, Theres somthing wrong somewhere i cant figure out what!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by VisionxOrb, Jan 15, 2003.

1. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Ok, I have this weird vibration underload, now it doesnt feel like its ujoints, it feels like its coming more from the transmission maybe ( or engine??!?!!?!) . I greased all the joints toped off the tranny. no change, i even back of the timming a little incase it was ping. With the truck in neutral i pushed up on the trans and tried to move it around, it didnt move anywhere so i dont think its the mounts. its really weird. if im driving lets say 65, at part throttle, the vib isnt really there, if i give it a little more enough to load the engine a little but not really accelerate the tone in the whole cab changes its pretty obvious ( under hard accel the vib is still there really bad, kinda feels like its absorbing the power if u know what i mean ). this just started like 3 nights ago, seems like its getting worse. i dunno whats going on now. any thoughts anyone /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. evilandangry

evilandangry 1/2 ton status

Are you still running a 10 bolt rear? If so it could be the spider gears. I know its far down the list of suspects but that happened to my suburban and it drove me nuts untill it became a wide-track. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

if you have a fan clutch check to see if its stuck pop the hood and rev the engine if it sounds like a jet plane and tries to suck the whorld in to the engine compartment then it is stuck. if your truck is 4x4 you will not be able to move the tranny and transfer case by hand so the mount could still be bad look at it see if the rubber is bad or the top steel rod is touching the bottom plate also look at your motor mounts they can also be bad also make sure it is still fireing on all cylinders a bad one cylinder out can make the truck sahke but while not under load it will seem fine

4. VisionxOrb

Its a 14 bolt, that only has about 15k miles onit since a FULL rebuild. plus im using a CV driveshaft with the 1350 yoke on the end for the 14bolt.

5. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

Sounds like to me your front end is engaged or locked in with a front shaft that has a worn slip joint. Or a possible stuck hub causing the front end to remain locked. Reach down behing your wheel and grab the u joint of the front axle to see if they spin freely when disengaged. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. VisionxOrb

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    the mount could still be bad look at it see if the rubber is bad or the top steel rod is touching the bottom plate also look at your motor mounts they can also be bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the rubber doesnt look great lol but they havent for some time now. plus i checked the motor mounts by puting in gear and using the gas and brake make engine move methode and it didnt move much and bang hard.

7. VisionxOrb

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Sounds like to me your front end is engaged or locked in with a front shaft that has a worn slip joint. Or a possible stuck hub causing the front end to remain locked. Reach down behing your wheel and grab the u joint of the front axle to see if they spin freely when disengaged

[/ QUOTE ]
    The front end is disconected, this vribration is differnt than that one ( i know from drivning around with it locked ) its hard to explain what it feels like. my harmonic balancer spun like 6 months ago so i cant check the timing but maybe my harmonic balancer has somthing to do with it but when in nuteral i hit the gas and the engine is smooth.