Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help this poor addicted guy!! I need mental help..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 55Willy, Apr 1, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Okay so I went from a 79 Jimmy to a 89 Cherokee, thinking of going back to the Jimmy and selling the Cherokee....THEN today I see the truck of my dreams, a TBI 1-ton crew cab single wheel beauty/forums/images/icons/cool.gif/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    So do I :
    A) keep the 'kee and sell the Jimmy
    B) keep the Jimmy and sell the 'kee
    C) Sell /trade them both for the crew cab
    D) Get a metro and dump the extra cash into the Willy's
    E) WTF is wrong with you kid????

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Re: help this poor addicted guy!! I need metal help..

trade them both for the crew cab - that willey's will be there when ya got the $$$ - if and that is the truck of your dreams then jump on it.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: help this poor addicted guy!! I need metal help..

The reason I saw it was I was thinking of putting the 1 tons under the Willy's and putting my 3/4's under the 1-ton,LOL/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

E, LOL

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Keep one of the vehicles so you have something to drive and sell the other one. Use that money towards the Willys.

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Get rid of the kee, get the Jimmy going (since it wont take much and the kee is having too many problems) and do the other stuff we talked about. Then later you can go down and get the truck of your dreams. The truck of your dreams will always be there. it doesnt have to be this exact truck. Remember dreams are what you MAKE of them. get on your feet, move out, get work. then you can go for that truck of your dreams /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

So.. you're saying E??/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

/forums/images/icons/wink.gifThanks (I know what you mean) (K)

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, you don't want that stinking old 1 ton. Choose one of the other options. BTW, where did you say you saw that? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I definetly say keep the Jimmy, sell the Cherokee, and get the Willys rolling! It would be a PIA to do the axle swap anyways /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

You freakin' nut............./forums/images/icons/crazy.gif I'd go for the one ton crewcab for the future towing potential and sell both the Heep and JImmy. IF you can make the numbers work ($$-wise).

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I just saw her again on my way to and from the dentist..and yes it is on the way, no side trip needed,LOL. The lot was closed so I wasn't able to get it priced, I'll see if it was listed in thier ad in the paper. It's lifted already with nice wheels and tires....if I get the numbers to work then I'll have to get custom plates that read "LND YHT" Land Yacht,LOL Later today I'll try to get back over there for a test drive or atleast laugh at thier price, then cry about it/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Keep us posted................those are sweet!

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

it's an accident waiting to happen everytime I drive by, they have 3!!!!! two single wheels and 1 dually, the dually is a 89 to 91 and the older single wheel is a 78(winshield says,LOL) the one I want is 84 and up, I'm hoping for a 87 so I can have the joy of FI,LOL
    I'll go get the paper right now and see.....

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

It wasn't in the paper so I called, it is a 88 and they are asking $9,000!!!!/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Seams high.

15. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've been pricing some nice examples just like you describe around here (nice clean AZ trucks) for around $6-7k. Tires from 31" up to 42s, 454 TBIs, crew cab, SRW and DRW, good paint and interior, more or less loaded out.

16. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have to go with a combination. E, then C. This way you get the What the hell is wrong with you kid, trade/sell both for the 1 ton.

17. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like Mandy has it all planned out for you. Why is this still a question? Listen to her./forums/images/icons/wink.gif

18. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

19. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

E. But then most of us fall into that category!

F. Don't get it, and let me have it! OK, My wife would probably kill me. Just get it.

20. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I just saw her again on my way to and from the dentist..and yes it is on the way, no side trip needed,LOL. The lot was closed so I wasn't able to get it priced, I'll see if it was listed in thier ad in the paper. It's lifted already with nice wheels and tires....if I get the numbers to work then I'll have to get custom plates that read "LND YHT" Land Yacht,LOL Later today I'll try to get back over there for a test drive or atleast laugh at thier price, then cry about it

<hr></blockquote>

Jeremy Jeremy come back to us, (shakes him, slaps him) wake up wake up. YOU NEED A JOB FIRST. I would think you would rather have it parked in your own driveway instead of your parents wondering how your going to get the money together now for the Willys. Get a job, finish the willys, move out and THEN you can buy that truck. Hell ill help you look for it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif