Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help / Turn Signal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bking, Jan 24, 2001.

1. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

The turn signals on my 85 K5 Silverado have stopped working.
    Everything else - Cruise Control / Intermittant wipers etc, on the turn signal lever are working fine, It's just when I move the lever up or down to turn left / right there is nothing.
    The 4 way flashers work fine, but I think there is a seperate flasher unit for them, does anyone think it's the actual turn signal switch? Or has anyone experienced this problem, I'd sure be glad to know how you fixed it, I'm just waiting on a ticket.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Anythings possible! Common ones would be the tilt mechanism has severed the wires for the turn signals (not real probable IMO, sinceyou'd have to sever the two correct wires) the turn signal switch has broken, or the flasher itself doesn't work anymore. Maybe even the turn signal switch has a ground thats not working right for some reason. The hazards and the turn signals are on different flashers as I remember..one on the fuse panel, one on the "convenience center"?? Might try swapping them if you can find both and see if it switches the problem around, then you know its just the flasher. I would try that, just cause its easiest and cheapest.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html>http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html</A>

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

You need to replace your turn signal cam probably. Mine were not working correctly and I replaced the t/s cam and all is well. Sounds like your contacts are no good.Good luck, its a mother(kind of)

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

so when you lift /lower signal arm ... no response @ all ?
    no signal light response @ all. then that would be the switch..
    for the hell of it swap flashers / check for bulb burn out
    not that hard of a job to replace... but do not do it in the extreme cold ... plastic + cold + anyone = $$$
    good luck