Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!! Unequal length leaf springs???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, May 13, 2001.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I have a four-inch lift and 35’s on my 88 K5. My left leaf spring is an inch shorter than my right. I’ve been driving on it for about three months and realized my left front tire never rubs while the right rubs even in the slightest turns. I made a rough measurement w/ my hand and I only fit four fingers in between the tire and the rear corner if the front finder. On the right side I could fit my whole hand. With this I whipped out the tape measure and sure enough I got 47” on the left and 48” on the right. (This is on an even surface w/ the weight of the truck on the springs) I noticed this when I first installed it 3 months ago but a tech rep at Superlift said it would settle out. Now I’m wearing out ball joints and get popping noises front the right front end. Anyone got any input? I’m calling Superlift first thing Monday. Thanks -Tommy

2. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

I installed a used lift on the front of my K5 and now my tires set uneven as well, I can put my fist at the back of the tire on one side and other barely fits?????wazzz uppppp wit dat???

rezalB

Built for a purpose.