Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help! Vacuum Diagram Needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tlsmikey, Apr 8, 2006.

1. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Newbie

I need some help guys. I have a 1977 GMC K10, 350V-8, Quadrajet.

The truck has had a new painless wiring kit installed, new motor ..etc. The bad news is that I never took pics of the vacuum lines and threw away all of the old crusty ones. I can't figure out where the lines are supposed to go. I've looked at Haynes and Chelton. Both have horrible diagrams.:mad:

Does anyone have access to the factory manuals? Anyone have a vacuum diagram for this type of truck?

2. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

3. dlferry

dlferry Registered Member

Send me your email and I will forward you what I have found for a 78

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Newbie

Vacuum Diagram

Those vacuum diagrams look like the same ones from the Chelton manual. They're a good start but if you look at the one for the 350 V-8, heavy duty, california model (what I have)....you'll notice that there are several connections open. I'm trying to figure out where those connections go. I also have what looks like a small round vacuum reservoir with two fittings. I'm assuming one goes to the carb (ported line), but I have no idea where the other one goes.

You can email any diagrams at tlsmikey@sbcglobal.net.

thanks for all the help so far and keep it coming.

5. TEXICAN

TEXICAN Registered Member

313 Hp and 387 ilbs. The transmission leaks so i was gonna replace the seals i wasnt sure if need a upgrade any thing.