Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help w/ setting new seals in T-case adapter

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ironnut, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ironnut

ironnut Registered Member

My tranny has been pushing tranny fluid into my t-case(th350-np205) so I pulled the t-case to replace the seals, on both sides of the adapter. One seal was busted so I think i found my problem, but my real problem is getting the new seals into the adapter w/out ruining them. Anyone who has replaced these seals got a good trick? I replaced my seals before but not the way these are seated. The thin lip of the seal is all I have to drive the seal down. So far ive tried using a block of wood, didn't work, the old seal on top to drive it down, didn't work, and ive used a metal punch lightly to tap it down but it is bending the lip. It's at a point now where there is no part of the seal i can hit to drive it down without ruining it. PLEASE if you have done this let me know what you did. Thanks

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

realy big socket set and match up the seal to a socket and dont make the mistaake i did one time when i was new to this. the spring side of seal to the oil side of object. and did any tcase fluid get in your tranny? if so flush the tranny thay dont like gear oil at all.

3. ironnut

ironnut Registered Member

Thanks sweetk30, i forgot about trying that, luckily I have a set of sockets for my tractors, took a 1 7/8 socket. Thanks again, you wanna come over and help me stick the t-case back in? just kidding. :D