Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help w/value of truck please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cochino12, Nov 9, 2004.

1. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

I will be getting rid of my '73 3/4 lwb 4*4 soon and I am not sure whats it's worth. Its just about as rust free as a 73 gets that hasnt been completely redone but the body is not perfect and has a cheap new paint job. Motor is 350 which runs great and doesnt leak any oil with a 4 spd tranny. Interior looks great no cracks in dash and has a newer seat with no rips/tears. The windshield is cracked and will probably need exhaust in a year or so. I will get some pics up soon too. Thanks for any help

adam

**EDIT** Would having a 3" body lift help/hurt the value ?

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

It is worth $200. I have purchased my plane ticket and I'm on my way out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It is worth $200. I have purchased my plane ticket and I'm on my way out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha thanks but I was hoping to get at least twice that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

It all depends on who you are selling it too. I wouldn't give you more than $500 for it and I don't think you should expect more than that for it. However if someone had to have a good running truck and that is what they are looking for maybe you'd get over $1000.

5. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

anyone else?

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It all depends on who you are selling it too. I wouldn't give you more than $500 for it and I don't think you should expect more than that for it. However if someone had to have a good running truck and that is what they are looking for maybe you'd get over $1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? How is a running, rust free truck not worth more than $500? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

7. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? How is a running, rust free truck not worth more than $500? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

8. 79cheyenneblazer

79cheyenneblazer Registered Member

wow, bring that thing over to our area, anything as loud as you can make it with a 4-speed usually gets top dollar, thats how our town is /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how it is around here. Remember, we are talking about a 1973. That was 31 years ago.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I realize a truck that old has limited resale value,but if its rust free,in new england its rare to see anything more than 10 years old without major rust damage--I would think it would bring more than 500,just for the rust free body parts alone.You can buy K5's and 4x4 pickups for 500-1000 bucks here all day long,but most of them are rusted and beat to death,or need a 700R4 tranny that is yard to get for less than 500(uninstalled)for a halfway decent one.It all boils down to where you are selling it,who wants it,and how much they are willing to spend.I've seen my "used car salesman" friend buy trucks from the new car dealers,"back row specials"that were trade ins for 100 to 300 bucks,and re-sell them for double and triple that no sweat--even if they need work,a truck with a decent body here is like gold--there are plenty of rotboxes available for parts donors.But not many people here are willing to buy anything rusty unless its just to beat up plowing or a winter rat.The main reason I bought my 79 C10 was its 90% rust free body,other than that I would have passed on it--didnt really need a 2wd truck--it has a better ride and gas mileage,but thats about it.If I find another K5 or rust free 4x4 pickup,I'd probably sell it to finance the 4x4. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif