Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help ! Weather Strip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dagomann, Jan 8, 2005.

1. dagomann

dagomann Newbie

I need weather strip that inserts in canopy to seal rear window ( tailgate ) . I also need the two little weather strips that go on top of the tailgate at the ends next to the rear window that seal against the weatherstrip on the canopy . I went to GM dealer today and they tell me they are discontinued and couldnt find stock on GM system anywere in U.S. Does anyone know if any are available aftermarket ? Any help is appreciated as I am sinking a lot of dough into my 86 K5 and don't want to end up with a swimming pool out back .....stephano@telus.net .....

2. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

LMC rear window u-channel stuff sucks, and I suspect any of the stuff that is supposed to be felt covered will suck too.

Not only was the quality of the material poor (the felt like stuff peeled off on install) the rear u-channel was not made correctly, and won't stay in place as it should. I tried to help them correct this, even sending them a factory sample that showed their deficiencies, but after I sent the sample to their "engineers" they started stonewalling me when I asked what progress was being made.

I just want a good product, I'll pay more for it, but I know for a fact that LMC weatherstripping should be the last resort. Whats that other company, Cheyenne Pickup or something?

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you're refering to the strips that attach to the tailgate and seal the window on the inside and outside those are still available from the dealer, i know because i just recently bought a set of them.