Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help ! weird noise...then boom.then break lite

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, May 18, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

was traveling home from my folks the other day when had alittle noise, possible vibbos and then "boom" and my break lite came on. my first thought was tranny or t-case, couldnt figure the break lite. well, i pulled over looked under and no leaking fluid i could see. got home and rear of master cylinder was dry (without crawling up in engine compartment). anyone have any ideas ? let me know, pleassssseeeeeee !

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

[censored] bro, ya should go over all the lines. then check behind the master cylinder against the booster. then if ya dont fin n e thing, take off the drums and look.

NITRO

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Have someone press the break to the floor (truck off) while you look under it. Could be the break cylinder in one of the drums I just had one do it one mine. 10.00 part and lots of cussing as I tried to remove the drum.