Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! What size is standerd 350 rod jurnal?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Jul 25, 2004.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Need to know to see if i need oversize bearings or not. I know the mains but i need to know the rod jurnals so when i mic them i'll know what bearings to get. thanks in advance!

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

2.10 is standard....

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You better first make sure the crank does not have GM selective fit bearings, if it does you MUST regrind the crank as you cannot buy selective fit bearings anywhere ever.

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

select fit bearings? Well i measred (mic.ed) the jurnals an they were a frogs hair from 2.09 inches So looks like I have been running standerd bearings when i should have been running .010 overs /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif The funny thing is that i have drivin it like this for probly about 1000 miles and my only sign was low oil pressure and a rattle above 4000 RPM. But let me tell you that i did not assemble the lower end I had my mechanic buddy do it and he obviously did not check to see what the old bearings had stamped on the back of them before he went and ordred a set of standerds. Any woh got the new ones in now and they feel much better. No more grabbing the rod and being able to jiggle it around on the crank. Didnt get a chance to fire it up yet though cause my bank is closed i got no more money. So we'll see tomorow.