Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help, what would you do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudduck, Jul 26, 2002.

1. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

some lo life stole my carb and battery yesterday night, got another battery but the carb is a problem the one they toke was my jet stage 2 only had two runs on it, i have a edelbrock 1406 600 is there any way to help it perform better off road till i save up for another carb or fuel injection? man this sucks need to do something i wanted to make the midwest run in attica.

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    How did your carb get stolen? That isn't exactly a high-theft item.

3. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

changed intakes and was going to finish up in the morning i work second shift and working on truck after work carb was still off sitting on inner fender. hood down but not latched that is where i messed up. never had this problem before, dont have a garage so working on it in my driveway.

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Registered Member

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Carb theft is high amongst the racing crowd and is now probably migrating over to the 4x4 crowd. Of performance items, it's probably the easiest to steal considering it only has 4 nuts/bolts, a linkage, and a fuel line. 9 times out of 10 it was taken by someone you know (how else would they know what you had?). Think of the people that have seen your carb or motor. Who did you show it to? More than likely, if you make a list, you'll find the culprit.

Stop by a wrecking yard and pick up an old quadrajet. Check the butterfly plates for wobble (move them side to side). If you find one that has almost none, chances are it's a good one. Make sure you can return it if it doesn't work. Install it on your rig and start the truck. Spray engine starter fluid at the base of the carb (where it mounts to the intake) and if the rmp increases, it has warpage. Take it back and get another. This may take a couple of tries but it will save you money until you can get what you want.

Good luck.

5. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

thanks planning on hitting yards tomorrow