Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help whats up with the engine of mine now!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CaveBlazin, Sep 19, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok here's what we've done, we did the initial setting TDC then moved the balancer to 12BTDC then I set up the distrib pointing at around 5 o'clock(#1). Ok so long story short we were 180 out now at this point I thought the battery was dead cause it was getting hard to start so we switched batterys with a brand new one, nothing changed it was still hard to start. Can anyone tell me whats going on??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I really want to get this truck running to I can go home....

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Find number one and redo the spark plug wires . It will be hard to start and crank if some wires are in the wrong spots . I know all by memory and still %#%%% it up sometimes when I am tired or tipsy /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. CaveBlazin

[ QUOTE ]
    I know all by memory and still %#%%% it up sometimes when I am tired or tipsy /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    yep that sounds like me LOL

4. CaveBlazin

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If you are 180* out then swap the spark plug wires 4 spots around the cap or pull the dist. out and move it 180*. Just because the manual shows #1 being at 5 oclock doesn't mean it has to be there. It doesn't matter where #1 is on the cap as long as the firing order is right and the #1 is on the right cylinder. Just mark on your cap where your new #1 position is so you know for future reference.

Harley

Harley