Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help, Which Tires???? Opinions Needed!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Looking to go a little wider, 1979 K5 4" suspension lift, going to add a body lift with new tires, just not sure how big to go.Currently running 15x10's with Uniroyal Laredo M/T's 35x12.5x15 with no scrubbing problems at all. I am looking to go with either the Thornbird-35x14.5x15 or the TSL 35x15x15. I probably run 90% highway and the other 10% is not too hard core offroading. Any opinions will be greatly apperciated, Thanks ahead for everything. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Thornbirds SUCK! There is a hate post floating around.
    Get some BFG KM's 35's they will scrub between the two bolts in the back of the fender up front. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Uniroyals run short by a good bit. THey are probably only 33.5 or so inches tall unloaded.
    A 35x12.5x15 BFG KM on a 15x10 rock crawler is right at 35 inches unloaded.

3. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

There's probably a few hate posts on "Suckbirds". I read one today.

I have the Interco TRXUS and they are perfect for what I like to do. Medium wheeling, daily driving, driving in the snow! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

go with the tsl's they rock /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif thornbirds suck /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> 90% on road and 10% not-too-hard-core offroading, adn you want swampers? I suppose that if you want "The look" then you have to do it, but you're going to be wearing them out pretty quickly. I'd recommend the TSL Radial since you're going to be on the street so much.</font color>