Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help, Which Tires???? Opinions Needed!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Jan 21, 2003.

  1. Mudbug1979

    Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2002
    Posts:
    439
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Monroe,North Carolina
    Looking to go a little wider, 1979 K5 4" suspension lift, going to add a body lift with new tires, just not sure how big to go.Currently running 15x10's with Uniroyal Laredo M/T's 35x12.5x15 with no scrubbing problems at all. I am looking to go with either the Thornbird-35x14.5x15 or the TSL 35x15x15. I probably run 90% highway and the other 10% is not too hard core offroading. Any opinions will be greatly apperciated, Thanks ahead for everything. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
     
  2. Grim-Reaper

    Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2000
    Posts:
    7,385
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Atlanta
    Thornbirds SUCK! There is a hate post floating around.
    Get some BFG KM's 35's they will scrub between the two bolts in the back of the fender up front. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Uniroyals run short by a good bit. THey are probably only 33.5 or so inches tall unloaded.
    A 35x12.5x15 BFG KM on a 15x10 rock crawler is right at 35 inches unloaded.
     
  3. MilpitasK5

    MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2001
    Posts:
    889
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Milpitas, Ca.
    There's probably a few hate posts on "Suckbirds". I read one today.

    I have the Interco TRXUS and they are perfect for what I like to do. Medium wheeling, daily driving, driving in the snow! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
     
  4. mudhog

    mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2000
    Posts:
    17,899
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    portland oregon
    go with the tsl's they rock /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif thornbirds suck /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
     
  5. Shaggy

    Shaggy 3/4 ton status

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2000
    Posts:
    6,737
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Los Banos, CA
    <font color="green"> 90% on road and 10% not-too-hard-core offroading, adn you want swampers? I suppose that if you want "The look" then you have to do it, but you're going to be wearing them out pretty quickly. I'd recommend the TSL Radial since you're going to be on the street so much.</font color>
     

Share This Page