Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!! Who has Mid 80's K5 w/Headers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CaveBlazin, Sep 14, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

HELP!! Who has Mid 80\'s K5 w/Headers

Ok I need a pic of your left and right side of the engine and how you have your power steering pump hooked up. Even if you have just a shot of your engine please post. Thanks I thought I was almost done but the little crap is getting me /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: HELP!! Who has Mid 80\'s K5 w/Headers

[​IMG]

IFAIK, I only had a problem with the A/C bracket. I used the stock manifold bolt on the front and a spacer to make up for the thickness of the manifold. Combined with the stock spacer and the thickness of the header flange and it was about perfect.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i have an 85 with headers.. not sure if there is a useful pic in my webshots album or not. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

didnt have a prob with my headers... of course, I dont have an AC bracket anymore so... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

j

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

pics

PS1, PS2, and PS3 on that page.

Spacer on the first exhaust bolt came from a 4.3 engine, stock piece for the power steering bracket. Apparently not all 4.3's used a stock header on the drivers side, but many did. Believe that upper bracket came off of the same engine, no AC obviously.

The rest of the PS bracketry (+ alternator and pulleys for crank and water pump) came from an '86 or '87 Monte SS. Had AC, so I had to come up with the non-PS brackets in the pictures. threw the bracket that ran to the very bottom back of the pump away, I couldn't make it fit no matter how hard I tried.

I highly recommend the style I have...using a 5/8" wrench to adjust the belt tension, as the factory designed these, is so nice compared to the other bracket designs.