Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP who has upgraded to holley projection fuel injection?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Aug 20, 2004.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

My questions are concerning the fuel pump install. There are I believe three lines from the fuel tank. I believe that one is the main fuel line and two are return lines. If this is the case, can I just put the fuel pump on the main fuel line at the rubber hoses? Can I use one of the other returning lines for the fuel return that holley requires. Any advice, hints ,etc. would be appreciated. Also, where did you mount the ECU??

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

There are 3 lines. 1 sending line, 1 return line, and 1 vapor line. I used part of my sending line and part of my return line when I plumbed my sending line for my TPI swap. I used part of my vapor line as my return and ran an external return into the fuel filler hose.

I would just use the current sending line as the sending line and the current return as the return.

You can splice into the soft lines out of the tank. That is how mine is. Softline from take to fuel pump and then softline from the pump to the sending hardline.

If your fuel pressure is high make sure to use MPFI rated softline and FI hose clamps on the sending side.

Harley

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Thats how I did mine. I plumbed the setup down next to the transfer case where the short section of rubber hoses are. Its been years.

4. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

where did you install the temp sensor?? I don't have an extra hole in my manifold and the directions say not to replace the existing temp sensor in the thermostat.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I didn't use a holley set on my rig so I can't help you there. You could probably install a temp sensor in the head though.

Harley

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I put a fan temp switch into the passenger side head, (and it worked fine there) but moved it due to a change to headers. That can be worked around with a fitting if you have headers as well, but my TPI intake had plenty of holes in the front of it fro relocation.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You can also get a water neck for a 1970 c-10 with one threaded hole at Autozone , temp sender will fit in there /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif