Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help with 14bff hub bearings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fbronson, Jan 21, 2005.

1. fbronson

fbronson 1/2 ton status

So I have been really scratching my head on this one. How does one go about replacing the outer bearings on the hub of a 14bff? :screwy: I can get the seal off, and the bearing by the seal out, but no matter how I look at it, I can't seem to figure out how that outer bearing comes out!!:mad: Any ideas?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Go in from the seal side, there is a big snap ring hold the outer bearing in place. Once the ring is removed flip it over and use a punch to drive the race out through the seal opening.

When you reinstall an outer bearing, after you put the snap ring back in be sure to flip it over and seat the race against the ring so it doesn't move when you torque the spindle nuts.

:thumb:

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if replacing all parts . take a big long object and big f ing hamer and beat the bearing out from the front and the seal will come out also. then take the snap ring out and the rest will come out about the same. been a long time sence i had to do one of those . most the time thay look good and just clean and oil them and put new seal in. if that way dont beat the bearing out and runin it. take a chisle and beat the seal inward to the center and it will come out .

4. fbronson

fbronson 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the tips guys!:thumb: I'll give it a try and see what I can come up with.