Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with a Wa. gov website or longitude , letitude site...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chevyfumes, Jan 19, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

OK heres the deal ,I'm trying to find the corners of my property to put up a fence and one corner is about a foot under water so I was wondering if the state has a website that I could get the longitude and lat of that corner and then find it with a GPS... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

You can get the legal description from the county at http://gis.clark.wa.gov/gishome/property/index.cfm
    plug-in your address then go to maps on line or the GIS home page. There is some stuff there on GPS vectors and such. I don't see where you can get the coordinates for property lines though. Maybe nothing here but might be a place for you to start. A site that could translate the legal description to long/lat would be sweet.

3. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

Of course if its anything like my GPS it is liable to be off +/- 20 Feet.

You could just build your fence and hope the neighbors don't say anything. AFter so many years the extra land is as good as yours.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    AFter so many years the extra land is as good as yours.

[/ QUOTE ]unless it's 20 feet on my side then they get the extra land... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif