Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with an idea.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skroo, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

I was at work today and I was hit with a great million dollar idea. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It's not a get rich quick idea cauze it involves a lot of effort but I think it will pay off. I've been thinking about it all day and I'd gonna look into it. What I need to know is is there anyway I can protect it while I'm doing my research? Does anybody know of any websites that can help me to get this idea rolling?

2. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

You could lock it in a safe....

3. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

Then it won't make me money. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Try all those... "Got an Idea" ads. I can only imagine, they take 50% or so... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I understand getting a patent is easy like $25.00 But HOW you get it and WHEN you get are different things.

Good luck.

5. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Go towards the county and find out about getting a business licence for it. Do searches on how to "Patent" an invention.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. KAS

KAS 1/2 ton status

Try those inventions places in the yellow pages or a business that does patents. First thing they'll want in order to protect your idea and to apply for a patent is a check and rough drawings/sketches and a written decription of how your idea works. Then they'll submit it to the US Patent Office (along with your check). The Patent Office does a detailed check to see if your idea has already been patent protected and will mail the results of their findings. Just because you haven't seen your idea in the general public doesn't mean it hasn't already been patented. We found that out a few years ago ourselves. I can't remember exactly what we paid for our patent search...I'm thinking 175.00. In any case, it would be a good idea to have the search done to make sure you aren't infringing on someone else's idea and it'll keep you from investing alot of time & money for nothing.

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Tell us your idea and we'll come up with a way to protect it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'd avoid going through an angency in getting an patent if you can. My cousin tried to get something patened and they gave her a bunch of bs, strung her along then wanted like $200 for their services... turned out she could have done it on her own. I'll ask her what she ended up doing, might be something that could help you....

9. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

Thanks people /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif