Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with annoying problem.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Our '90 Jimmy has developed a nasty habit of throwing the fan belt. I have checked all pulleys to see that they are running straight and checked all bolts. Also when it does this, it wipes out the A/C connection. Any suggestions?

See our new pic. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.toyboxoffroad.com>www.toyboxoffroad.com</a>

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If that's a serpentine set-up maybe the idler isn't providing enough tension?

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

First, nice pics on the main Toybox page..............cool beans.

Second, your problem...........you do have serpentine, right? If so, I agree with Rene that it sounds like the large spring inside the tensioner/idler is losing its' strength. Put a 1/2" breaker bar in the square hole and see how it feels. Should be pretty darn hard to do it easily, mine with a 24" Snap On breaker bar requires a bit of muscle to get it to move.

ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>