Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help With Blazer Inspection issue

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RJB44, May 6, 2006.

1. RJB44

RJB44 1/2 ton status

Hi -

I just got back from the local inspection garage and learned that my '91 1500 Blazer was "rejected" because of rust on the frame rails and cab mounts. I was unaware this was an issue. I bought the truck a few months ago as a weekend work around the house vehicile, It looks great, with very minimal visible rust. I just paid $200 to have brand new winshield installed beacuse of a crack and another in $120 in exhaust work. Thought I was all set to get the trucker a valid sticker. Quite surprized when rejected. I looked underneath and there is rusting on the rails and where the mounts are. Question now is, what will something like this cost to get fixed so I can get the truck to pass inspection. This is in Northern Virgina.

Appreciate any feedback.

Bob

2. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Sounds like they were trying to hard to find a reason to reject you. Maybe throw some paint over it and try another inspection place?

3. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

throw some bedliner on it, the texture will hide the rust.