Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help with body bushing install

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clstolten, Dec 18, 2005.

1. clstolten

clstolten 1/2 ton status

Just picked up a body bushing set for my 74 K5 from ORD. The kit is made by daystar. My front clip is removed right now so I thought I would start with the core support. The holes in the mounts riveted to the frame are too big for the bushing. See the pic below. The bushing can waddle around in this hole. Is this normal???? Next question is should I have to shorten the sleeve that is integral to the factory washer? I will not be able to snug the bushings up without doing this, as it sticks out beyond the busings as seen in the pic below. Tell me what you think. I am frustrated because I thought this kit was made for my blazer, and It isn't exactly plug and play. Thanks.

bushing1x.JPG

bushing2x.JPG

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

Call DayStar and ask them if its the right kit, if they say, "yes" ask them if you can talk to an engineer who's parents had any children that lived!!!!!!

3. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

Whats the part number? There are 3 kits for K5s depending on year, maybe you got the wrong kit sent to you?

67-72 is KG04010
    73-77 is KG04005
    78-80 is KG04004
    81-91 is KG04017

4. slowk5

slowk5 Registered Member

I just installed new body bushing on my 74,had the same thing happen with the mounts at the rad support.I just cut the two factory sleeves about an inch.Worked good.The new mounts made a huge change,in the way the truck feels.

5. clstolten

clstolten 1/2 ton status

the install sheet that came with the kit is titled "body mount instructions 78-80 Chevy 4WD K5 Blazer", but at "Position #3" it has a seperate callout for 73-77 Blazers. Also each bushing is numbered and called out on the install sheet, including the callout for the 73-77 blazers. I think I got the right kit.

SlowK5,
    Did your bushing for the rad support fit perfectly in the frame hole? Thanks for the heads up on cutting the factory sleeves.

6. slowk5

slowk5 Registered Member

My bushings fit fine,so i cant help u there?That is kind of weird.sorry i cant help u more.