Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with Caliper brackets for Dana 44

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by odoa3, Sep 27, 2005.

1. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I took out a six lug Dana 44 and swapped in a eight lug 44 that had the same ratio as the 14 bolt. It came from a 80 3/4 ton Chevy truck. The passenger side did not have anything from the knuckle out. I got all the parts from a 3/4 ton Suburban- also with a eight lug Dana 44. Everything fit other than the caliper bracket. It has a tab sticking out the back that would not allow it to fit flush against the knuckle. The six lug caliper holder fit, but did not have enough clearance for the caliper to fit over the rotor.

So, what gives? I thought all the dana 44 parts were interchangeable? I have not been able to chase down a braket from a truck. Any idea's?

On the drivers side the caliper holder, not the caliper is touching the rim (15x10 rims) is this common? It is the upper tab that sheilds the rotor. I was going to grind it down, but can I just cut it off? Doesn't really seem to be doing anything. Any advice?

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  2. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

bump