Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help with cruse control / check engine soon light

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, May 1, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I have had my blazer for a week and 2 days, i use cruse control a lot, and today while using it, it turned it self off as the check engine soon light came on, the light was on and off a few times today. Also can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the minimum speed for cruise control, right now my spedometer is about 10 MPH low because of my large tires and the CC won't engage until i hit 30 MPH and i want to know if i can set it lower.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

no one has any thing that could help?

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The cruise control module is a sealed unit, so there isn't anything to adjust. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Check your engine code to see why it turned on the check engine light. That may give you a hint as to why the cruise happened to disengage at the same time that the light came on. Perhaps they both share a common signal from the vehicle speed sensor.

4. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I dont think any vehicles have cruise controls that run much lower than 30 MPH. Is there any reason you would need cruise at that speed?

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

yeah, if i'm on a long windy road where i can't see around corners or going up a long dirt road where i don't want to go faster thatn 15 or so, then i could set CC