Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with Detroit install?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by mrk5, Nov 15, 2004.

1. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Any chance in hell that someone would be willing to come to Greeley and help me install a Detroit in my 12b? I would provide food and beverages.

The locker completely replaces the carrier, which means that I will have to double check the gears. Never touched a differential before, and gears are PFM(pure f'n magic) to me.

So, if there is anyone that would be willing to help out I'd sure appreciate it.

Yes I know Nick, Greeley smells bad. But you get used to it in an hour or so.

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Yes I know Nick, Greeley smells bad. But you get used to it in an hour or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar!! /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif I've been to Greeley seevral times and have spent more than an hour at a time. I've also attended concerts at the "Stampede" and it still stunk at the end. I even remember Ronny Dunn (Brooks & Dunn) commenting on the change in wind direction during the show /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW, I'd help but I'm clueless with gears & such. If you ask on this site you might have better luck. Pretty much ALL Colorado guys.

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I can stand around with a confused look on my face and offer moral support /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I can stand around with a confused look on my face and offer moral support /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can top that...I can stand around with a confused look WHILE drinking beer and pointing at said gears and going "duh, whats dem tings?" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can top that...I can stand around with a confused look WHILE drinking beer and pointing at said gears and going "duh, whats dem tings?" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can top THAT! I can do all of the same AND pick my nose. Hey Scott, you'd probably do well on CO4x4.com, pretty cool group of locals over there.

6. mrk5

I'm either going to do that, or have a mechanic do it. If I have a mechanic do it, I'll just have them replace all the bearings while they're in there. So, that might be better in the long run.

There are quite a few people from up my way on CO4x4.org.

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

If you end up having a mechanic do it, let me know what it costs you.

8. mrk5

So far I've been quoted $480.

9. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Almost $1000 for a 12 bolt /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I just hope you never break it...as you will definitely cry. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

BTW I sent in my deposit for my winch bumper yesterday...I get the first 4X4 Armor bumper of 2005 (Should be here mid-late january...Maybe we can do some winter wheeling afterall /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

10. mrk5

[ QUOTE ]
    Almost $1000 for a 12 bolt /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I just hope you never break it...as you will definitely cry. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Shhhh....That's my dirty little secret. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif And it'll be a fully rebuilt 12bolt WITH a Detroit. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW I sent in my deposit for my winch bumper yesterday...I get the first 4X4 Armor bumper of 2005 (Should be here mid-late january...Maybe we can do some winter wheeling afterall /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Awesome, I love snow bashing. It's a lot more fun if there's a winch around. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif