Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help with files- email attachments etc.. d*mn puter!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Jun 19, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

This new computer is just about getting ready to be in the compactor at John's shop!

Here's the scoop- When I make a file- say in Microsoft Works, a spread sheet lets say. Then I save it to a disk, or send it via email in an attachment - the other computer opens it and it is some computer language crap- like windings or something. dashes, squares etc.. WTF is wrong with my puter

I just sent a file to a friend, she changed the format- sent it back to me, and it did it... same mumbo jumbo crap.

please help!

brandy

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I think it has something to do with you e-mail properties. I think you need to look at the format you are sending them in. I'm not sure how to check that, but if you open your e-mail, there should be a way to change the format you send and receive e-mails in.

3. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

go to this site http://www.funduc.com and download "decode shell extension"when you get a file that looks like what you described right click on it and select "decode" then it will convert it into readable format for you. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif