Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help with lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by anatomiczero, Aug 22, 2001.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

I want to lift my Jimmy a little and eventually put bigger tires under it. Right now there are 32 by 11.5 BF Goodwrich and they have plenty of tread on em. This truck is goin to be my daily driver, so I don't want something huge, I want to be able to drive confortably (and park lol) So I'm thinking a 3" lift, would that look good? Does anyone have pics of blazers with 3" lifts? Oh, and I think I'm gonna raise it by swapping leaf springs (i don't trust the ones on here now) Am I going to need to mess with the steering or driveshaft, oh and what shocks should i use, eldebrock?

Black 1980 GMC Jimmy
    350-TH350-NP205
    Dual glasspacks

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Nab a 4" rough country for $459( all springs). You will have enough to put on larger meats later. You will need extended brake lines.

3. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

Well, for a low lift, I've used a 2.5 inch superlift with 32's and 33's and am pretty happy with it. Basically, you don't have to do anything besides swap your springs (and maybe blocks if you use them....I'd advise against them though). 2.5 to 3 inches of lift will work well with the 32's and look pretty good.