Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with lug nuts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Jul 31, 2005.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I have a Dana 60 and a 14FF. Problem is I have no lug nuts. I found several on e-bay that are way cheaper than buying them at the auto parts store of your choice. The problem is they all say that there lug nuts convert 14mm to 9/16-18. Now I know that is physically impossible does anyone know what they could possibly mean? Here is a link to the ones I am thinking of getting can anyone tell me if these are correct.

lug nuts

Thanks

Ira

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I bought my 9/16-18 lug nuts from Autozone. They are acorn style and have a tall shank that covers the entire threaded area of the stud. They are not open at all on the end, which keeps crud off the threads and gives more thread contact as well as socket contact. They use a 7/8 socket and cost about a dollar each. 4wheel parts can also get them.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

those are for the old axles like you have but for the newer rims that are off the 88-up body style trucks with the centers that get held on with the black plastic nuts. hope this helped ya.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

So they will work for my application? When they say it is to convert 14mm to 9/16 they mean you can use the crappy plastic cover on your old axles. Call me strange but I want the open lug nuts I have just not had good luck with the closed end lug nuts.

5. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i got mine from dicount tire on broadway, real cheap and decent selection. (+ give a military discount) food for thought not that it answered ure question but they might

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Sweet I will have to give them a try. The cheapest I have found around here are $1.30 a piece and I need 32 of them. :eek1: