Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with Master Cyinder!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I just started bleeding the brakes on my freshly installed 14bolt. I still have the stock 10 bolt in the front for now, and it's the same master cylinder which has been working fine, but it's about 5 years old though.

Well my brother was depressing the pedal while I was opening and closing the bleeding screw. We did the passenger side first and everything went fine. When I started with the driver's side, he called me quickly because the master cylinder was spilling fluid all over whenever he depressed the pedal.

I checked it out and this is what happens: Whenever the pedal gets depressed, there seems to be a spurt of fluid coming from the bottom of the front fluid compartment of the MC which is what spills.

Why is this happening? Is my master cylinder shot? Was it simply not properly bench bled? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hehehe you have to keep the cover on when doing this. It will shoot a stream of fluid up from the bottom of the reservior.
    Put the cover on and bleed as usual.
    Been there done that more than one too LOL.

4. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

If you do not have the cover on it when your bleeding the brake system the gyser your talking about shows air in the system. Put on the cover and bleed it like Grim-reaper says and you will be fine...

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Whew! Thanks guys. I thought it was shot. First time I bleed the brakes on the Blazer.

6. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Hey reaper, are you the monitor or something because you erased my post. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Uhh yes I would be the moderator but I'm not the only one so I don't know if I am the one that deleted your post or one of the others.
    What of the 20-30 posts that I have to move or delete a week was yours? Was it in the correct forum? Were you selling or trying to place a wanted add in the incorrect forum? Were you changing topic of a post?
    Did you read the post at the very top on the first page that says "PLEASE READ"? That gives a guideline on what is a go for this particular forum.
    This forum is supose to be repair oriented for the 69-91 Fullsize Jimmy/Blazer and nothing else. I do let special anouncements like Births, weddings and special times stand when shared with your online friends.
    I do not indiscriminatly delete stuff. It had to be in violation of the Forum topic/rules in some way. My guess is it was reading like a wanted add and there is a forum for Wanted. It however is for Paid members (orange) so I would not have been able to move the post so I would have deleted it.

8. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Well I was acctually answering the poor mans question. Thats why i dont understand why it was erased, its really not that big of a deal. I am just here to help others and myself, not to solicitate. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. Grim-Reaper

Give me a link to the post. Doesn't seem to ring a bell.