Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with my Clubs truck show....ideas please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigburban383, Apr 1, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

My organization is putting on a truck show (rice burner club is doing a gay car show, so we are going to show them up). We are putting this event on because of this thing called Ferris Fest, pretty much the whole school will be walking around the school doing different things, its like a festivle. We first have a monster truck, that may run over cars at the fair grounds but will be showing in the show. We are having offroad trucks, jeeps, and hot rods. We are going to try and figure out judging and have prizes. We are also going to have a ramp for the offroaders.

We need some more ideas to attract people and have fun!

-NO BURNOUTS(dont ask)

-Nothing that could possibly injure somebody.

-VERY LOW BUDGET

Anything will help, thanks a lot.

And hey, come up to Ferris State on April 24 if you want to show off your truck /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

HPMSO the Organization Web Site

2. FWP

FWP CRS

An RTI ramp with 2 vehicles on it (backwards), and 2 other vehicles on the front tires of the ramped vehicles. That usually gets some attention /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

go around to some auto stores and get some prizes donated for a raffle /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Call up the local radio stations and ask them to plug your event. Heck if things are slow for them maybe they'll even do a remote. Never hurts to ask. Could also try the papers and certainly print up some flyers and paper the auto parts stores and whatever shops do fixins on trucks and rods and what not. Oh also around here we have what's called a hobbyists council. It's kind of a governing body so to speak that alot of the clubs send representatives to. If you have one of those round those parts could go talk to them. Good luck to ya!!

Allan

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Have a wet t-shirt contest. That'll attract alot of people /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Do something for the comunity.
    http://www.kimmershow.com/Charities.html
    The Mud For Blood is being put on by the club I run with (Georgia Bounty Runners) and some of the other clubs in GA. It's a Blood drive truck show. Entry fee is a Pint of blood.

Unfortunatly I'll be out of town and miss it.

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And hey, come up to Ferris State on April 24 if you want to show off your truck

[/ QUOTE ]

you want to see my stock rusted piece of junk? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

i might have to run up there to check everything out /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    And hey, come up to Ferris State on April 24 if you want to show off your truck

[/ QUOTE ]

you want to see my stock rusted piece of junk? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

i might have to run up there to check everything out /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, give a shot at the impassible swamp! Im wasted right now so f*** the police, but I partyied with one tonight, it was wierd. The impassible swamp is impassible. I went out there to the power lines and somehow got stuck not on purpose, so I am sure you will get stuck. We'll got adventuring after the festivities for sure.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifintoxicated /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifthe shits are coming /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

to get a good turn out you have to advertise!
    -radio will do free spots for school/non-profits
    -call the TV station, if they are covering the festival I'm sure they will stop by and see ya
    -print up flyers and pass them out at car shows, pin to local boards (grocery stores, autoparts places), send some out with freinds and folks for people to post at factorys they usually have news boards and for sale areas (PS use colored paper and print them for free in the school copy room /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif)
    That should take care of advertising

other things to think about
    -voting ballots
    -window tags for class and vehicle numbers and owners name
    -raffle prizes are good, offer the places that donate stuff an ad on the back of the Flyers they eat that stuff up, local businesses will usually give money for advertising or find a copy shop and have them print the flyers and put their logo on it, hit up auto parts stores, local factories usually have shirts, stickers and things like frisbes, can coozies, hats from company picnics they give away, you can use those to toss into the audence (they dont know what their getting till they catch it!), may also need raffle tickets for the people that enter the car show (charge $5 per car its cheap and you can make some money for your club to cover the cost of a DJ/announcer to give away prizes and announce the class/car show winners, play music), hit up the local trophey shop for tropheys, usually they will donate one free trophey and you have the businesses you visit donate money to sponsor a trophey (PS dont ask for money ask them if they would like to sponsor a trophey and that they will have their name on it... class - best of show, next line 1st place, third line sponsored by Local VFW (whatever).

Other things
    -access to restrooms
    -consessions
    -security (you got people with show cars, you have to have cops around JUST IN CASE!) call up the local PD or police buddies and they will send people out usually off duty but in uniform... it keeps the peace

Advertising
    Cars
    Music
    Food
    Restrooms
    Security

We threw the first of the year car show when I was in HS, we printed the flyers in print shop, used school paper and class time. After class we hit up the factories and autoparts places, worked with the trophey shop to get NICE stuff cheaply, we had people in the school that also worked in broadcasting (local radio) got some prime time advertising along with the free stuff times they offer. Got businesses to donate stuff (try calling valvoline and local car/machine shops), jasper motors donated A BUNCH and I mean like 60 hats! at least 25-30 can coozies and a dozon shirts (with a business card tucked into each one /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif). We got a concessions stand guy that usualy done the fairground events to come out, he could keep all the $$$$ he made IF he donated 10% to the club /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif, we used the restrooms for the football stadium (since it was in the schools parking lot) and had a local rolling DJ come out and spin disks for about 8 hours (during setup and up to the time we started cleaning up).
    Even with the crappy looking weather (it looked like it could storm at anytime, chilly and overcast 48*) we had 98 cars (minus club vehicles) show up, after everyone was paid (DJ and tropheys) the club made $890 in one day. We went out and bought a REALLY nice $150 remote control car and raffled it off at a basketball game and made aother $400 for the club! Needless to say we had pizza for lunch in the autoshop for the Industrial Arts Club members every Friday! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

I got pics somewhere I'll look for them, we went up to the top of the stadium and took some pics down on the car show!
    My truck (at the time a 83 dodge pickup) and several of my carshow pics got two full pages in the year book... it was a good senoir year! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

(not for the car show but for the autoshop class GM donated an s-10 blazer with no VIN tags or driveshafts so we made square driveshafts... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif thats was in 96 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif)

10. bigburban383

That is sweet, thanks for those ideas, I got to get on it!

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

when are club has are anual show we always have an RTI ramp, a show and shine (for the nice show trucks hehe) and different cattagories for judging and such, most biult..ect..

12. bigburban383

These are what I can think of for a judging for the 4x4 trucks.

Performance:
    -Engine to weight ratio
    -Ground clearance to Wheelbase ratio
    -Suspension enhancements
    -Articulation (how far up you make it before a tire lifts...right?)
    -Ruggedness (Drivetrain strength)

Appearance:
    -Interior
    -Exterior
    -Engine Compartment
    -Rims/Tires

This is just stuff I thought of off the top of my head, can you add to this list? We may make a Jeep class or like a light 4x4 class encase any Yotas show up

13. bigburban383

Oh, also the RTI ramp, whats a good angle to make one at? You know, not for advanced rock crawlers or anything...