Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help with my front axle.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cannibal, May 25, 2004.

1. cannibal

cannibal Registered Member

ok, here's the case:

about a month ago i broke the left front axle shaft so i had it replaced, all is fine but the problem is when that happened it crushed the hub on that side, now i have a problem on getting my truck back to 4 wheel drive, i have auto locking hubs front, so what's the fastest way to get everything back, also, i don't have this truck since long, actually i did't have the chance to try out the 4 wheel drive in it, so i just want to know what r the complete check out list before trying to fix/lock the front axle....i don't to do something stupid, i need to know what to check, oils and stuff.......thanx /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Sounds like it would be a good time to replace the unreliable auto locking hubs with manual locking hubs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cannibal

cannibal Registered Member

hmmm, thanx for the idea, well can u help me and give a good brand name which i can get right from the net, coz here in jordan it's like a desert, i cant find anything for my blazer, i mean nothing, i go to cheverolet dealer here, and they tell me that we dont deal with old models , only new crap, f them, anyway, i really need a place where i can buy from the net, also i need more info on what to check other than the hubs on the axle

4. kennyw

Plenty of places on the net selling them. Warn Premiums are the lockouts I would recomend. They sell for around $100 US over here. The standard Warn lockouts run around $45 US.

I'm not familiar with many online vendors as for who is good for dealing with from overseas though but there are alot of guys from all over the world on this board. Maybe one of them will have a good place to shop from.

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I would get a set of Warn Manuals, from almost anywhere, here for one. Call them if you can or e-mail them, to find out if they can ship to you. Make sure you get a conversion kit if you're going from auto to manual.

6. kennyw

[ QUOTE ]
    Make sure you get a conversion kit if you're going from auto to manual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Warn hubs already come with all the parts to convert from Auto to Manual on a GM 10 bolt front axle.

7. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I need to get rid of the auto hubs too. well atleast I don't have to buy the conversion kit.