Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help with my rear window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Krase, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Krase

Krase Registered Member

My rear window motor i just got has gone to crap faster than you can say Happy Sheep Sheering Day. My questions is, it worked perfectly good till i shut the tailgate and wham it clicks like its running and the speedo cable will move but no raising of the window. This was the case in my old moter? Am i missing something or have i just got a second defective motor. I am waiting on the third motor to come in, but am just wandering if I am missing something.

Thanks For Any help,
    Todd

2. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

was it working good while moving the glass? or just working before it was installed. one prob to look at may be your glass getting jammed in the tracks or something else to make the motor jam up (clicking sound)
    take all the guts out and clean them up, regrease, and grease the tracks on either side of the glass...
    hope this helps, good luck!
    peace.
    MATT

3. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Nope the window was rolling up great was not having a bit of trouble, until i shut the tailgate and bam! no window, i have clean as much as i can. The window rolls up with my cordless drill on the speedo cable just fine, just no motor? Have to get my window up seems like it rains here in TN every other day .

4. Krase

Krase Registered Member

I forgot to add, I had the second motor for around a week, so probably used the window about 15 times before it died